Our COVID-19 Safety Measures
The hotel is open from 7am on Wednesday 2 December.
Please see below our detailed guide of how we will be operating going forward, so you know what to expect when you visit us. The safety of our staff and guests will always remain top priority.
To offer you our best service we recommend our residential guests making Brasserie on the Beach reservations at the time of booking. Both Leisure Club members and residential guests are able to pre-book swim, spa and gym slots 24 hours prior.
Face Covering Update
The Government has extended the use of wearing face coverings to now include more public indoor spaces, which does include hotels.
From Saturday 8 August, all guests staying/dining with us will need to wear a face covering in our public spaces (unless under the age of 11 or for medical reasons). Our public spaces include corridors, lounges, bars, restaurants and reception areas.
Naturally, they can be removed whilst eating and drinking. However, when you leave your table we ask that you put your face covering back on until you return to your table or room.
We’ll be requesting that all guests wear a face covering when walking around the hotel or relaxing in our indoor public spaces. This doesn’t apply when in any outdoor space or dining outside.
- A fully comprehensive COVID-19 risk assessment has been completed.
- The recommended social distancing rule will be followed throughout the hotel by staff and guests.
- There will be additional cleaning throughout the hotel.
- Guests are to approach reception one at a time where there will be perspex screens.
- There will be hand sanitiser for guests located around the public areas of the hotel including the entry points.
- All forms of payment are welcome but payment by card is preferred.
- All meal times will be table reservation only – this includes breakfast.
- All soft furnishings in bedrooms have been removed. All room literature has been removed, information about the hotel can be found on the TV.
- All of our housekeepers will be wearing PPE and guests will be asked to vacate the room while they are attending.
- There is an extended room service menu. Room service trays will have contactless delivery. They will be delivered to guest doors, where a member of staff will knock and then step back to limit contact.
- Guest rooms will be vacant for as long as possible in between guests.
- All of our staff have participated in COVID-19 safety and social distancing training.
- All of our staff will be tested with a thermometer temperature gun each day.
- Appropriate members of staff will be wearing face shields and/or masks.
- Where appropriate we are grouping staff into ‘work bubbles’, which will restrict employee interaction.
- We have made a bigger staff area so social distancing can be met.
- Staff and guests will have different entrances to the hotel.
Dining (Restaurants and Bars)
- In our Brasserie on the Beach, Beach Terrace, Café Bar we ask all clients to sanitise their hands before being seated.
- On the Beach Terrace we use single-use salt and pepper sachets. Personal single use cutlery sets will be given.
- In the Brasserie on the Beach each cruet set will be sanitised before each use.
- The number of tables in use have been reduced throughout the hotel – this is allowing the social distancing guidelines to be met. Initially table size is restricted to 6, this includes children and pushchairs. We request children remain seated at the table. We will be providing disposable children’s menus.
- In the Tavern we will serve the Café Bar menu. There is no hot food currently being served. This is due to the size of the kitchen, because the social distancing guidelines cannot be met.
- Daily blackboard specials will be served in the Brasserie on the Beach.
- Our room service menu has been extended so you can have even more delicious food in your room.
The Leisure Club is fully open (inline with current Government guidelines).
Our members and hotel residential guests will have full use of the pool, spa bath, gym, sauna, steam room, changing rooms, showers and lockers. The pool is limited to four at a time.
Day guest use is currently restricted to 1 hour.
What to expect
- Our opening times are 7am until 10pm everyday with adult only time before 9.30am and after 6pm.
- The number of swimmers and gym users will be restricted to maintain social distancing
- No buoyancy aids/woggles can be used in the pool
- Spa bath use will be restricted to one guest (or household) at a time
- Gym equipment will be cleaned after each guest use
- We politely request that all guests are respectful of social distancing and follow recommended government guidelines
- Our members will be asked to have their fingerprint scanned at reception for club entrance – card entry is no longer valid
There is additional cleaning in place in our Leisure Club and sanitiser is available throughout.
If you have any enquiries or questions, please email Jenny Undasan, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail and we will get back to you.
We look forward to seeing you with the warmest of welcomes in a safe and professional environment.
Sending you all our best wishes,
James and Lesley Kimber